Austin A. Bell was the son of William and the hotel construction begun by Austin and later finished by his wife Eva survives today as a condo complex renovated in 1999. The original highly detailed red brick facade remains as well as the large windows giving the 49 high ceiling, large loft homes in this 5-story building a well-lit atmosphere. Secure parking and storage units are included as well as a beautiful scenic rooftop deck with magnificent views from its prime position just north of downtown.
History, style and location combine to make this a prize worthy of a skirmish.
Bell. Its a name as old as Denny, Terry and Boren. 1851 was the year these pioneers began to carve out settlements amongst the trees of Puget Sound. William Bell went further north along Elliott Bay to stake a claim on land now known as Belltown. He survived a skirmish with natives in 1856 and went on to develop the neighborhood named after its founder. The names of his daughters survive today; Virginia and Olive. Olive’s husband was Stewart.